Front gate
View from the gate looking down the driveway
We haven't been able to shower since Saturday. We have been going swimming every night though, and I do mean night. Around 9 p.m. we jump in the pool and swim around, jump out, soap up, shampoo hair and then pour water from the pool over our heads to rinse. PS2 is enjoying this new ritual. He loves running around without anything on.
My bath tub for the moment
I did two small loads of laundry in the Wonder Wash tonight. Towels and a few light clothes. I am not sure I am doing it right, as one of the towels didn't come out really clean. I think I need to use spray and wash, and allow the clothes to soak in the soapy water before cranking the handle. I like being able to wash something to wear if needed, and not having to wait for the water or even electricity for that matter.The well man (WM)came out today. It wasn't a positive experience. Not because of the work needing to be done, but the man's attitude was very unprofessional. For being an older man I expected more from him. I don't know why, but I assume they were raised in better days and were taught manners. He and PH had "words". To give PH some credit, he managed to keep his cool longer than I thought he would. PH is known for telling it like it is, and he refrained until the well man was very rude and insulting, then PH told him what he thought. WM was making us feel like he was doing us a favor, and that we were less than desirable people, plus because he came out here he was losing business. PH told him that it wasn't our fault that he didn't use an appointment book, and didn't know how to schedule himself. He also told him that our money was as green as anyone elses. We were paying him, he wasn't doing it for free. PH told him that our children were staying with relatives until we had the water issue handled. The man said it wasn't his concern. Basically PH told him that if he was unwilling to do the job let us know, there were others who would want the work. Suffice it to say after the WM finishes the job in the morning, we won't be using him again.
PH had the option of replacing the wiring again on our 7.5 hp pump, or putting in a new 1.5 hp pump. PH chose the 1.5 hp pump, and we will keep the other as a backup, just in case...The WM pulled 300 feet of metal pipe out of the ground and has left it lying beside the well opening.
So, this time tomorrow I pray we will have running water. I really need to catch up on laundry, do the dishes and clean in here...I could do all of it without the water on, but it would make it a lot easier ;-)
I am happy about the new pump, because there is the potential to be able to run it with our generator in the event of a power outage. Now to get the fuel tanks brought home and start filling them with gasoline...just in case.
No comments:
Post a Comment