Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 3 of No Water - Dishes


Heating up water on the stove to wash dishes


We are on day three of no water to the house.  We have about 400 gallons left in the tank, and I did get about 10 gallons from the town house to have inside.  We are saving the 400 gallons to flush the toilet when necessary.  PH felt that at his age he didn't want to be digging a hole for an outhouse in cement hard dirt, UNLESS he absolutely had to..

I've been able to wash dishes today and make laundry soap.  Tomorrow PS and I will do laundry while PH is at work.  I'll try to remember to take pictures of the Wonder Wash in action.


PH was able to sell some items and come up with the money to fix the well.  He even looked at the Bison Pump information on line, and asked me to contact the representative to ask a couple of questions, and email a picture to see it will work with our well casing.  I was so excited.  If we are going to have to pay a couple of thousand for a new electric pump, I'd rather have a non electric one.  PH looked at the Solar Jack pump also.  It will be a little more work, but you have no idea how I have been wondering about what to do for water "just in case".  I knew PH would be able to come up with some way to get water, but I still worried a little (ok, I worried a lot!)


In keeping with my plan to cook from my storage, or what I have on hand, we had baked potatoes with butter, bacon, onions and cheese for dinner.  Drank raw milk from the local dairy.  Man I love that milk!  We had plums for dessert instead of cantelope.  PH picked seven the other day, and we are really tiring of cantelope.  It will be back to eating them tomorrow before they go bad. 

Did I mention one of my hens is broody again.  She is sitting on one egg.  She gets really flustered when I open the nesting box door to check on her.  The other hens aren't laying.  I assume due to the extreme heat (103 today).  My incubator eggs are due to hatch this week, I can't wait. 

Asked PH to check on getting some used fork lift batteries at his work.  I'd like to use them to power the house (t.v./dvd/computer/modem/lights) by charging them with the generator.  We don't have solar panels yet, just a few solar lights/lanterns.  Often I use the car battery and inverter, but it runs the car's battery down really quickly. 

On a different note...what is up with our tattle tale "Commander in Creep".  Everytime I turn around the man is on television trying to convince the citizens of this country that he is not to blame.  What happened to the buck stops here?  He is "in charge" (snicker) so it is his fault.  Just like blame or praise could be laid at the feet of any of the past Presidents.  I hesitate to use that word, as I do not consider the current man occupying the White House to be "my" President.  Out here on the Prairie we didn't vote Democrat (or Republican either), and because we don't  believe he is a legal leader we do not acknowledge him..We are rooting for the Republic of Texas, actually, the Nation of Texas is a better fit ;-)  I truly hope no one is buying this schmuck's white wash...

 Please keep your eyes open, with the S&P downgrading the nation's credit worthiness (with just cause, should have been lower), the possiblity of hyperinflation is in our future.  I am praying that the Lord spares us at this time, but I am not confident the Lord will, it may be our time.  It is for certain our dollar is even more devaluted, so I look for price increases to be rampant, as well as, loans being even harder to obtain.

We went swimming again tonight.  I love swimming in the dark.  Floating there while looking up at the night sky.  The moon and stars are beautiful.  We saw one meteor streaking across the sky...the height of the Perseids isn't here yet, but every now and then you can catch one.  PH was excited to see one moving rapidly from South to North.  We need to break out the telescope again.  I don't believe we have used it since last summer! 

Off to bed, we'll be up early to get the laundry done and on the line before the heat of the day hits us.

1 comment:

  1. So much respect for how you are handling this, and your husband as well for finding a way to repair or replace the pump. Seems he listens to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete