Today I took a bunch of junk gold jewelry to sell. I was hoping to get enough to buy additional items to keep my pantry and medicine cabinet stocked, and hopefully some to go towards my Berkey Water Filter. I was very excited that I received so much for a ziploc baggie of broken gold chains, earrings missing a mate, silver beads from a necklace, a silver locket and a silver ring.
I was able to re-stock my large first aid kit (it's really a tool box). I'd like to order several more dental kits and another suture/syringe kit from Amazon, but we'll see. I feel pretty comfortable that I have enough OTC meds, bandages, and medicinal herbs (capsules, dried, and tincture) to cover most illnesses, not major ones though. I am not equipped for that...yet.
Once home, PH continued working on the house piers. I went through the medicine chest, and tossed out bandaid wrappers, old medicine, and sticky cough drops. Placed all the herbs in the chest, and covered it with the top compartment. As long as the herbs stay in a dark place, they will last almost indefinitely.
I purchased all the seeds they had at Dollar Tree. They aren't heirloom, but I don't care about that....I have both. The only seeds left were Beet (25), Turnip (3), Radish (12), and a couple of Lettuce (2). I figure it would be something to eat, and the goats would eat them too. They were normally $1.00 each but I got them on clearance for 10 cents each. I was very excited about them. Last year I purchase a bunch of pumpkin seeds. We planted them this year, and I will can most of them, either as stewed pumpkin or pie filling.
I will be picking up more canning jars, extra lids, and the shot gun shells tomorrow, as well as, ordering the Berkey (I hope)!
Tomorrow I also plan to work on more canning of pears, and laundry. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment