I try so hard not to post too many political articles, but sometimes it bubbles over and I need to share it somewhere. I am sure by now after reading my posts, my friends and family that read my blog, KNOW about my political leanings.
For YEARS I voted Republican because I thought that was THE way to go. I haven't been a Republican for 10 years (and no I am not a Democrat either). Now, I wish that ALL political parties were dissolved and candidates were Independents. I want to know what each person really believes in, how they run their personal life, their business, what their religion (or lack of) means to them, etc. I believe I have that right. If I am going to entrust a person with the highest office in the land, that of President, I need to be able to make the right decision.
I want someone who is honest and trustworthy. I'd prefer someone of faith, but if not, someone who does not disparage my faith and trample all over it.
I want someone who realizes that people come first, not the environment. I believe in being good stewards of what God has entrusted me with, but my drinking water is more important than the life of a salamander.
I want someone who does not abuse their office by having tantrums, and passing Executive Orders because THE PEOPLE did not want the laws he was proposing. How immature, to basically say "since I can't have my way, I am going to ignore you, do what I want, and to heck with you all".
I really do not understand how the populace at large elects a leader (any leader) and then believes it is okay for him to make decisions that is not in the best interests of the entire country, but only the few he truly represents.
You see I am in a dilemma. I am passionate about what I believe, but so deeply angered and saddened over the state our country currently finds itself. I cannot in all conscience vote for Mr. Obama. I do not believe he was legally elected the first time, and barring that, his actions the past four years shows his distaste for America and for the Office with which he was "entrusted". The numerous Executive Orders he has signed, which have virtually taken away the rights of Americans, are scary. Anyone with a brain can see what he is setting us up for...martial law and a dictatorship. He really does not have anyone's best interest at heart, except our enemies. I am appalled at the lack of leadership and lack of strength he has exhibited in the wake of the recent attacks on our embassies and people. I am embarrassed by him, and that he is the person representing us to the world.
I REALLY do not want to vote for Mr. Romney. I REALLY do not want to vote at all, as I firmly believe our vote does not matter.
I REALLY want a media that does it's job, which is to report the UNBIASED truth. Whether it be NBC or FOX News, the truth is what is important, not the censored, sensationalist, political jockeying crud they report. ALL of the news outlets have fallen down on their calling. As a reporter YOU CANNOT TAKE A SIDE. Presenting the facts is all you need to do, and the populace will make their own decisions. I understand that the mainstream, liberal media is in the pocket of the government, and that the government dictates to them what can be shown, and the way in which it is portrayed to the American public. I am not easily fooled to swallow "hook, line and sinker" the filth they feed us on the evening news, and that filters across the Internet. I am also not gullible enough to believe that FOX presents their "news" in an unbiased fashion either.
Basically, I want a TRUE American for President. One who is open and honest, and really wants to make our country better. Not someone who wants to further the political agenda of their particular party, or line their pockets with bribes.
Does such a person exist? I think not. So for that, I think I'll stick with local and state politics, pray for secession, and raise my family the best I can, because for certain, the U.S. government does not believe in state rights or my right to raise my kids the way they need to be.
Well the Republicans will leave your basic rights more intact. Oh they do have their tyrants and they do heavily favor money but they are not as much interested in personal control and/or making you go thirsty to save a salamander.
ReplyDeleteMY view. I am not voting for Romney near as much as I am voting for Ryan and against Obama.