Here are the directions (I'll take pictures in the morning of our new water collection system): http://www.wikihow.com/Build-a-Rainwater-Collection-System
We are keeping the fences cleared, and the wood pile stacked neatly and away from fence lines. We are making sure the 1100 gallon water tank is topped off, and the fire hoses and sprinklers are on the shelf, waiting and in good repair plus actually working.
Brush has been burned in the fire pit, and the goats are keeping the dried brush away from our fence line by poking their heads through and eating it. A few also like to escape to eat in the adjoining fields. Our neighbors to the North doesn't mind, he doesn't live there and only comes out once a month or so. The property to the South is vacant and unsold, and the land agent is okay with the goats meandering over there every now and then. I'd love to put a gate in that side, for them to be able to go eat to their heart's content.
We've been busy working on the new house too this weekend. PH finished putting up the boards to wall in the house. The kids and I (mostly just me) cleaned up inside. Collecting nails, screws and tools and placing them in a container, throwing out all trash, stacking useable lumber, and placing scraps in a bucket for the wood stove. Afterwards, we swept the entire house free of sawdust, dirt and assorted debris. It looks pretty good in there ;-) I'm ready to move in...
| Backside |
| View of the ceiling in the loft |
| The view from one of the 2nd story windows |
| I always wanted a fireplace in my bedroom |
Oh wow! The house progress is really exciting...I am so happy for you! I am going to go look up that link on the rain water system now. Thanks for that!
ReplyDelete