Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Reality Check

I have been blogging for 6 years.  At my old blog, I was way more doom and gloom, keeping track of global and national events.  I try to keep this one lighter, but you know reality has a way of popping up.  Early in my life I was employed with a couple of government agencies and learned a lot about how our government works.  I was 18 years old at my first government job, and had my rose colored glasses ripped off and stomped on by how the government was really working.  To say I was crushed to learn that our government didn't have our best interests at heart would be an understatement.  I was truly shattered.  I know that may sound cheesy to some, but you see I was raised to be a loyal, patriotic American, and to respect those in authority.  To learn that sometimes those in authority don't deserve that respect was an eye opener.

I learned some useful things in those government jobs.  One being that when our government closes an embassy and pulls it's staff home, that it is a BAD indicator (or rather a GOOD indicator of BAD things in the works).  On Monday, we were on our way to our home school co-op when I heard on the radio that the U.S. had closed it's Syrian embassy and removed the staff.  I don't know what prompted it, but I was so shaken I started crying, and I am not a crier.  In all possibilities Israel will attack Syria, which will put us into the conflict on the side of Israel.  I am all for supporting Israel, I just truly pray they make the correct decisions.  The realization that the world is truly in a down ward spiral (something I knew already) literally smacked me in the face.  Sometimes knowing "inside" information on what things in the media REALLY mean isn't helpful to my state of mind.  On one hand I like to know what is going on so I can be ready, on the other hand there is that part of me that wishes I could live with my head in the sand, and go merrily on my way living my life.

So if you were coming here tonight for some cute pictures of new born goats, or of my sprouted tomato seeds, sorry to disappoint you. 

I'd like to take this opportunity to strongly urge any readers to evaluate their relationship with God, and to know that God Loves You.  I'd also like to strongly urge my family and friends to PLEASE wake up and realize that your nice little world isn't going to remain so forever.  Ignoring the inevitable isn't responsible and definitely isn't biblical.  I am past the point of passively allowing people to ridicule me for my beliefs and lifestyle, so please don't go there anymore. For 12 years now the Lord has been urging me to instruct and guide those around me, but I feel that urging slowly dissipating.  The time is rapidly approaching when the Comforter will be withdrawn, as well as, the time when I'll no longer speak of preparing for the hard times ahead.  If people don't listen to the Lord, they definitely won't listen to me.

I am in such sorrow, anger and despair that people are ignoring the obvious, and think it's actually funny to make fun of these "radical" doomsday prepping type.  I am tired of hearing "this is good for my family", when in reality, they have NO idea what is good for their family, if they aren't looking to the Word of God for guidance.  I am in constant prayer for those around me, and for our nation. 

Okay, back to our regularly scheduled goat frolic.

7 comments:

  1. I believe the U.S. closed the embassy due to the Civil War that is boiling over, The Govt over in Syria has killed many people and will not listen to reason from other country's. Including fellow Arabs.

    I pray every night that people will listen to the calling, but it will always fall on def ears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Thank you for that. I didn't know it about Syria. I think I've come to grips with many things that are still startling so many others. I'm not shocked by anything our government does anymore. It makes me sad that I seem to "not care" but I do care. The only thing this mama can do is batten down the hatches, hang on for dear life and pray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you soooo much. Its getting scary. I've also come to recognize more like minded people are comming out of the wood work. Hopefully more people are listening than what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good post! You hit the nail on the head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all been said already all I can do is agree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent post! May we all learn the truth before it is too late.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many people don’t want to really hear what goes on in the world. Their realities are based on self centeredness, television or let’s just bury our head in the sand. The “If I don’t see it” syndrome, then it won’t exist. Life exists people! Not only has Amy hit the nail on the head, evidence of the direction in which the world is going has been knocking at our front door quite a while. Hold on, because it will get worse for a long time before it will ever get better. United we should all stand!

    ReplyDelete