Monday, November 21, 2011

Freedom Rangers

We had ordered 25 Freedom Ranger chicks to raise for our first meat bird experiment.  They arrived last Thursday AT the post office in a box....

Chicks in a box
Surprise! They are alive!  

A few of the chicks - there are 26 in all.








We have been busy shuffling animals around, stacking hay and basically winterizing (for South TX) our little farm.  The dogs are now running loose (not desirable, but we need to build a pen for them), the calf and piggies are in the former dog/goat pen.  This leaves the goats without shelter from the rain, which is going to make them VERY upset.  

The new chicks are in the chicken tractor in the barn, until tomorrow when we will put them in the girls playhouse with a heat lamp...it is supposed to be in the 30s and 40s the rest of the week, through the weekend.

Our church family met here for a bonfire Friday night.  It was really awesome.  We are doing discipleship training, working on our relationship(s) with God and each other.  It was a wonderful time of sharing our testimonies, child hood memories and other ways that God has validated our walk with Him.  Really touching and inspirational.  

Our congregation is also helping a homeless family.  Please be in prayer for this family of five (two parents and three kids).  We are working on housing for them, and one of our member's has offered the husband a job in their company.  Another family we know will be hosting them for Thanksgiving.  It is really great to be able to help.  I believe this marks the distinction between Christians and non-Christians.  Christians will help even when we ourselves don't have much.  I am sure some non-Christians would, as there are some basically "good" people, but many will just pass the needy by.  I am thankful to be able to be in a position to do what I can, as are others in our group.  

We had our first Homeschool Market Days this past weekend also.  The PDs worked hard on their items for sell for two solid weeks.  They showed a remarkable work ethic, and I am very proud of them.


 I'll have to add more pictures later, Blogger is acting up tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment