| Apple/Onion Stuffed Turkey |
I've been processing the quarts all day. Nine quarts, 1 pint. I had my first blow out though. After processing the first batch I could clearly smell turkey. I KNEW a jar had broken. Thankfully, it was just the lid. I must not have had it on correctly. I add some water to the rest of the broth in the jar, wiped it really good, and am re-processing it last.
PH put up 14 rafters today. The price of wood is higher, so he wasn't able to get the 28 like he needed. It will have to wait until next weekend.
I've been washing all day, and cleaning up (as much cleaning as you can get in such a small space with no storage). My 2 1/2 year old loves Scooby Doo, and so I have been listening to him watch his few DVDs all day. I keep running him outside to play in the sunshine, but pretty soon I hear the "click click" of the mouse as he puts the DVD in and hits play.. Pretty smart boy!
Here are a few pictures of our holiday and canning:
| Processing the Turkey Stew |
| Turkey Stew |
| Cornbread cooling to make the dressing, and peanut butter cookies with a Hershey Kiss |
No comments:
Post a Comment