It has been one year since my husband passed. It has been a year of firsts. Some good and some bad.
Had a 30 yard dumpster delivered this past week. Son and I will be working on clearing the gooseneck trailer off trash and scrap metal. I have someone interested in purchasing. Hopefully, they will.
I have been mentally thinking and sorting my belongings, and it is time to physically get started. I am finding it difficult to begin. I am torn between leaving this property and the house my husband built us, though I had plans to move before he passed. I feel stuck. Do I move? Don't I move? I keep praying and asking the Lord for direction. Trying to be still to listen. Either way this house needs decluttering, cleaning and minor repairs.
Financially, I would like to sell. Personally, I don't want to, though at the same time I yearn for my little cabin in the Ozarks. I need peace. I am always anxious to go to the cabin, but there is so much work to be done here. If I didn't have these animals, I would leave the house here for awhile. I have one pig that needs to be butchered, and two elderly horses that need care. Plus, 4 dogs and about six cats. The last of the cattle have been butchered, and the bees have been removed. I do need something else in order to keep my agricultural exemption for tax purposes.
My youngest daughter married Thanksgiving week 2024. She started her Senior Year of College January 2025. She finishes her coursework in December of this year.

No comments:
Post a Comment