![]() | ||
| Fern and her new babies! |
I went out this morning to feed the chicks in the chicken tractor, and saw she had one dead piglet and one that had only been born, and was struggling to stand. This was at 8 a.m. I had to leave a little later, and was worried about while I was at work. I prayed during the day for her to not have any problems. PH arrived home and then called me at the library to let me know we have 11 living piglets! I was so excited! Only one has an all black head like the mama, the others resemble Wilbur more. With care, we are hoping a large majority make it. We plan to butcher two in the Fall/Winter and sell the others in about a month.

Congratulations, there adorable.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about one not surviving.
Congratulations! Makes you a sort of piggy grandma...LOL! All progress is good and it looks as though you progress more and more every time I check in here. Looks like we will be moving your general direction in about three weeks. I am so excited I can't stand it! Have a blessed day...
ReplyDeleteSo exciting that she finally farrowed! And 11 is a great number of babies to survive. Congratulations!
ReplyDelete