Thursday, September 1, 2011

It's not easy being green....beans

Before



After

I am so proud of myself.  I hope that isn't sinful LOL.  This is only the second time I 've used the pressure canner, and I was able to can 12 pints of green beans and 2 quarts.  I wanted to do all pints, but didn't have any available.  I've been trying to save money, so didn't want to rush out and buy any.  I have several cases of quarts, so figured that would be the way I'd go.  I wanted pints, because they are an ideal size for a meal for my family, but I would make do.  Just as I was starting I noticed a box in the back, it was an old box of canning jars I received free from a local lady.  It was a very old box of Golden Harvest canning jars in PINT size.  Praise the Lord!  I was a little worried, because I've only used Kerr and Ball in the past, but after finishing, they all appear to have sealed great and are BEAUTIFUL!


PH is making his list to purchase some lumber this weekend to start the floor of the new house.  I am so excited!  He is also working on a hoop house chicken coop for me, and the 20 little chicks I am expecting.  These will be my egg layers, and I will be placing an order soon for meat chicks.  Probably Freedom Rangers, or Plymouth Rocks, not sure yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment