Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Being Your Own Doctor and Stocking up on Medicinals

"Legally" I am supposed to state that any medical advice you find here, or online, shouldn't be used without the advice of a "real" doctor.  So, if you have one of those, please talk about it with him.  Personally, I don't use doctors, unless for something serious, like a missing limb, heart attack or snake bite. 99% of illnesses and injuries I take care of...

Oh, there are lots of books and blogs around, especially on self reliance, self sufficiency, homesteading and the like.  I really strive not to imitiate, but to share my perspective of what I learn and find.

I like any of the herbal medical books by Penelope Ody, "Where there are no doctors" and "Where there are no Dentists".  So far I have managed not to poison myself.  I normally test everything new out on myself, and record results.  I tell my family what I have taken "just in case".  I don't do things arbitrarily, but really research symptoms, diseases, and treatment.  I have also been taking an online herbal medical course that helps provide the necessary information on treating self and family for most illnesses.  Other than having my 2 year old at the hospital, we haven't been to the doctor much in that time.  The kids not at all, and I have been to the chiropractor, and to the GYN (kind of hard for me to see that part of my body, so I do go to the doctor once a year), but other than this..I doctor the family. 

After reading another blog recently, it reminded me that I need to re-stock my herbal medical cabinet.

2 comments:

  1. Just discovered your blog and have bookmarked it to follow. Could you tell me more about the online herbal medical course you are taking? I am looking for one and could use some recommendations.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete