Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Time on the Prairie

Well, life here on the prairie just keeps on going.  The summer is over and we are headed into Christmas.  I can't believe I haven't posted more, but getting ready for the Winter has kept us busy.

We have been splitting and stacking wood, cleaning out the barn, planting wheat and getting shelters in place for our critters.

I was cleaning up the cabin today.  The mess just plain got away from me, and I had to take a break and make a small dent in it.  The front room is as done as I am going to get it.  Now, I will be working on decluttering the kitchen and organizing my pantry. 

When I was little my mom had Gene Autry's Christmas Album on a big ole vinyl record.  When I married I looked for one on cassette, because records went bye-bye.  After a while that ole tape broke, and I was without the Christmas time music I grew up with....well, this week I found a Gene Autry Christmas album (has some extry songs on it that I am not familiar with, but I am coming to enjoy them just the same). 

Merry Christmas from the Texas Prairie!

No comments:

Post a Comment